Working on boosting your site ranking and wondering how you can make effective changes? Implementing technical SEO strategies can bring you the results you’re looking for. Let’s examine technical SEO best practices and what they can mean for your website.
What is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO is an on-page SEO tactic. By making improvements to your pages, including faster loading speeds and easy to crawl pages, you optimize your site for higher rankings.
Why Is Technical SEO Important?
Improving your site’s technical aspects allows search engines to understand your content and rank it according to its ease of use and the value it offers to readers. Your efforts can result in Google rewarding you with higher rankings. In contrast, a site with major technical issues may be penalized.
Best Technical SEO Tips
What can you work on today to help make improvements to your website? Here are our top tips for improving your technical SEO:
- Provide a secure site. Your visitors want to feel safe when they come to your site, and Google takes this seriously. Secure their credentials and protect their privacy with HTTPS.
- Submit an XML sitemap. Sitemaps provide all your site’s pages and act as a guide for Google, ensuring your most important content is seen and understood.
- Continue to test your site’s speed. A quick-loading site is preferable with both your users and Google.
- Make sure your site is crawl friendly. The internal link structure is imperative for the search engine to understand your site.
- Periodically check your site for dead links. Users become frustrated when a site yields too many 404 error pages. Make updates often to avoid these disruptions.