We are excited to bring you the latest updates from the Shopify unite 2019 conference. You can expect many fantastic changes coming your way to help your sales soar.
A Buffet of Design Options
Shopify knows how important it is for their customers to be able to design a store that truly represents your brand. That’s why you can expect a new and improved customization experience coming later in the year. They’ll be rolling out an array of options to help you meet your store’s design needs. Let’s look at some of the amazing additions coming your way:
- Customization Simplified: Shopify will be bringing you the option to customize any page using sections as you do on your home page now. You’ll also love the new option to use master pages which will allow you to choose the content you want to be seen on multiple pages across your shop. What a time saver!
- New and Improved Workspace: Shopify has created a workspace that will now allow you to draft your changes before you publish. You’ll be able to make necessary edits and additions then preview them before deciding to go live.
- Portable Content: You’ll now be able to skip the duplication process when making changes to your store. Try different themes or download a new version of your current theme, all without the need to waste valuable time manually moving your content. How’s that sound for efficiency?
Introducing Video and 3D Models
What better way to bring your shop more sales than to be able to show off your products with video and 3D models? With these two new exciting features, your customers will be able to better visualize and examine your products. Later this year you’ll be able to boost your sales with these fantastic additions. Easily create a more user-friendly shopping experience with the ability to:
- Conveniently upload, store, and manage media in one location
- Shopify Video Player with 10 starter themes
- New editor apps and custom integrations for your videos, images, and AR needs
Headless Commerce: Merchandising Your Way
Shopify will be bringing merchants custom storefront tools you need to sell your products the way you see fit. Experience less back-end dependencies and reach your audience with various interactive options. New custom storefront tools coming out will allow you to:
- Create a personalized experience for your customers through connecting microservices
- Put your storefront out in front of a larger audience. Think smart mirrors, voice shopping, live streaming, and more.
- Allow your development team more flexibility
New to Shopify Point of Sale
Additional app extensions will allow you to more easily and successfully engage with your customers during the checkout process while supporting local SEO.
- Choose from a variety of customer loyalty apps
- Apply discount codes in just one step instead of four
Global Growth Opportunities
Shopify will be available in 11 more languages this year. That’s over 2 billion more customers, you’ll be able to reach. These enhancements will allow merchants to optimize SEO and be able to offer the same consistent experience in multiple languages. They will also, be rolling out the ability for your customers to make purchases in their own currency. Shopify Payments has just begun rolling out and will be made available to all Shopify stores later this year.
The Shopify Fulfillment Network will make it easier for merchants to be able to fill customer orders. By installing the app, you’ll be able to offer quick, low-cost shipment while branding and ownership of your customers’ data remains your own. Merchants can expect
- Warehouse location recommendations
- Low stock alerts
- 99.5% order accuracy
What This Means for SEO
- Easier development and changes to your site
- More customization to your shop, with more content possibilities for SEO
- Online store now supports different subdirectories for multiple languages
- With a new POS, clients driven through Local SEO can have an improved experience
For more information on what’s coming your way, check out the Shopify Unite 2019 Highlights release.