If you’ve had an online business for any amount of time, you’ve probably heard a lot about Search Engine Optimization, or SEO for short. Mentors have probably told you that SEO is vital to the success of your brand and your business. But, what is SEO really, and how does it impact both you and your business?
What is Search Engine Optimization?
In the simplest of terms, Search Engine Optimization is anything you do digitally to make your website more visible to potential customers, ultimately driving online traffic and creating more and more opportunities to make sales. SEO is what sets you and your business apart from every other company in your field.
Through well-written blog posts, the use of curated keywords, technical audits, off-page backlinks, and other practices, you can boost your visibility and online rankings, making your website more visible to potential customers.
So, how can Search Engine Optimization can impact your business, specifically? Check out four outcomes of a well-planned SEO strategy below.
Four Ways SEO Impacts You and Your Business:
- Provides visibility
- Produces increased web traffic to your site
- Builds authentic relationships with potential customers
- Makes sales
One of the most important aspects of a successful online business is being visible to potential customers. How will you sell anything if customers can’t find you easily? Did you know that the first page of search results gets 95% of all web traffic? This leaves only 5% for the following pages, meaning if you aren’t on that first page of results, you’re likely to miss the customers you desperately want!
2. Increased Web Traffic
Once you make it to that first page of results, you’ll want to make sure you’re getting the clicks! How do you do that? By providing useful, consistent content that your customers want. By tagging keywords that are not only popular but refined to be even more detailed, giving you a leg up on competitors, allows you to show up as potential shoppers search for things they need.
3. Building Authentic Relationships
Positioning your business as the subject matter expert by providing valuable content is essential to building authentic and meaningful relationships with potential customers. Studies show that the more a shopper interacts with your business organically, the more likely they are to be loyal to your business. Word of mouth marketing is essential, too—by providing shoppers with a great experience both before, during, and after their shopping experience, you can be sure they’ll share your business with friends and family.
4. Sales, Sales, SALES
Bottom line, you need to make sales to keep your business thriving. That’s always going to be an essential benchmark for a successful online business. But you already know that! However, getting to these sales depends on proper preparation and building a good foundation through Search Engine Optimization and other tools like Search Engine Marketing, too.
How Can We Help?
Calling on a dedicated team of professionals, you can take your online business to the next level in terms of website rankings and avoid a few common SEO mistakes in the process. Contact us today if your business needs an SEO boost!