Do you ever feel as though everyone knows more than you do? Social media always seems to have a new and improved array of features and metrics to learn, and it can feel overwhelming, to say the least.
Post consistently. Use hashtags, but not on Facebook. Engage with your followers. You know the obvious tips and tricks, but what are some of the secrets that you could be using to take your Instagram stories to the next level? Read on to find out!
Do you ever feel limited by the 27 color options on Instagram’s stories? Not anymore! Changing the available colors is as easy as 1, 2, 3 thanks to these easy to follow instructions.
- Once you’ve taken a photo or uploaded your own, tap on the drawing icon to expand the drawing tools. This will also bring up the color choices on the bottom of the screen.
- Select the tool you want from the options at the top.
- Here’s the important part: instead of tapping on the color you want, press and hold one of the colors.
- A gradient palette will appear across the bottom of the screen, with a bubble above your finger to show which color you have selected. Without lifting your finger, slide it across the screen to choose your color.
Now that we’ve discovered new colors, let’s play with the background! Rather than selecting from one of Instagram’s premade backgrounds, you can create one of your own. Just follow the steps below to get started!
- Take a picture of something — anything — or select a picture from your photo library.
- Tap the drawing icon and select the pen tool.
- Use your new trick for selecting a wider range of colors and pick your favorite hue.
- Now, press and hold your finger on the screen until the color you’ve selected fills the background!
Get Up Close & Personal
Zooming in and out while taking a video on Instagram used to mean using two fingers to manipulate the screen while holding down the record button. Thankfully, humanity has evolved, and now, so have you! When you begin recording, gently — and slowly! — slide your finger up the screen without lifting it. BOOM! You can now creep on your friends, dog, neighbor, school crush, or whoever you want!
Find the Pot of Gold
Okay, so maybe we all can’t be leprechauns. That doesn’t mean that we can’t create awesome rainbow effects for our fonts on Instagram stories, though! Just a heads up: this may be a bit more difficult than it seems. Remember though, practice makes perfect. Creating a rainbow effect on your text will make you the envy of your Instagram followers. Here’s how:
- Type your text. We suggest starting with one or two words on one line to practice.
- Double tap to select all of your text.
- Here comes the tricky part. Tap and hold one thumb on the color of your choice in the color palette.
- Then, place your other thumb on the bottom ball of the text cursor at the end of your text.
- Now, gently slide your thumbs left or right at the same time. Stop the thumb that is on the text before you reach the first letter of the word.
- The color of your text will change as your fingers move across the color choices.
Bask in Your Glory
Now that you’ve learned some of the best-kept secrets of Instagram stories, go out there and make all of your followers jealous! Need a bit more assistance? Let Moose May be your guide. Contact us and take your brand to the next level.