Every morning, you open up your personal email account while sipping your coffee, to find that you’ve received 15 marketing emails overnight. It can be overwhelming, and it might leave you wondering if it’s worth creating an email marketing campaign for your company. After all, is anyone even opening these?
Why Email Marketing Matters?
Sending emails for the sake of sending emails is not the right strategy for email marketing. Instead, you want to be thoughtful about when and how often you are emailing your customers. A well-timed email can:
- Increase sales conversions, including creating repeat customers and converting abandoned carts into sales
- Inform customers about your business and products after they have subscribed to marketing emails
- Reach the right customer with the right message, thanks to email segmentation
How Do I Create an Effective Email Marketing Strategy?
If you just read that and your head has started spinning with possibilities, you aren’t alone. Email can be complicated. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Create your subscriber’s list — add a pop-up for customers browsing your site to subscribe to emails, and add an option at check out to opt in to marketing emails.
- Personalize, personalize, personalize! Once you have a subscriber list, get to work on segmenting, so you can create emails tailored towards subscribers.
- Keep it interesting — you have to stand out, which means you need an engaging subject line. On average, consumers only open 15% of emails. Make yours one that’s opened by catching customer’s attention with a great subject line!
If you are interested in starting email marketing for your business but feel overwhelmed, contact us for more information on how Moose May can help your company stand out from the crowded inbox!